Request a Sample
Use our form below to request a sample from Double Stone Steel.
For technical help with PVD contact April on [email protected]
Samples for students
Our policy is to actively support architecture and design students in their studies. We are regretful that at the present time we have sent out all of our allocated samples for students and are not able to fulfil any current requests for these. Please do check back with us later in the year.
Non-company email addresses
Please note that if you give us a non-company email address (for example gmail or hotmail) we do need your Company Name in order to process your request.
We regret that at this time we are unable to process requests from individual householders.
Why specify PVD coated coloured stainless steel?
- Scratch resistant making it highly durable for high traffic and heavy- wear areas
- The PVD coating creates a tough finish which is approximately ten times harder than stainless steel itself
- Resistant to saltwater corrosion making it suitable for marine, coastal and swimming pool locations
- Twelve year guarantee
Stainless steel material is 60% recycled and 100% recyclable.
Cost – effective
- Allows less expensive standard ranges to be specified with colour- matched workshop-fabricated items acting as feature pieces or as essential supplements to a cheaper range
- Can recolour existing fittings, components and lighting enabling re-utilisation of fixtures for new re-fits
- Antimicrobial finish suited to food preparation, medical and laboratory environments and public areas
- Embossed finishes, coloured and uncoloured.
- Anti-fingerprint finish in gloss or satin.
A spectrum of colour options
- Can be colour-matched to other finishes and materials
- Can be specified in a wide spectrum of colours
- Mimics more expensive materials such as bronze, brass and gold providing a cost-effective, easy-maintenance alternative
Can be completely colourless for a natural stainless steel appearance
- 3 – 6 microns thin, ideal for post- manufacture application
- Flush finish where two PVD coatings meet
- Creates a metal-against-metal lubricant
- Can be re-coated once coated