A tough material for high traffic junctions
Double Stone Steel PVD coated stainless steel is specified and installed by architects and designers of bus and rail stations and airports as its highly durable, scratch and wear resistant properties ensure longevity of appearance and function. The volumes of traffic during rush hours and at busy junctions cause high levels of contact on all surfaces . Using Double Stone Steel PVD coated stainless steel enables surfaces to withstand wear and abrasion from pedestrians, pushchairs and luggage. This allows longer life span of the refurbishment scheme with the additional reassurance of Double Stone Steel products being guaranteed for twenty years.
A selection of our transport products
Pedestrian, vehicle barriers
We fabricate and install barriers, and railings for airports, underground, bus and train stations.
Stainless steel mesh
We fabricate and install perimeter and interior safety stainless steel mesh and chain link barriers.
Ceilings, cladding and panelling
We fabricate and install interior and exterior wall cladding, ceilings and panels for transport, stadia office and retail environments.
We fabricate sign lettering, signs and fascias in all colours of stainless steel for airports, bus, rail and underground stations.
PVD coated coloured stainless steel standard colours
- Wear and scratch resistant
- Corrosion resistant
- Environmentally friendly - zero waste residue
- 3-6 microns thin, ideal for post- manufacture application
- Flush finish where two PVD coatings meet
- Creates a metal-against-metal lubricant
- Stainless steel material is 60% recycled and 100% recyclable
- Can be colour matched to other finishes & materials
- Can be specified in a wide spectrum of colours
- Can mimic more expensive materials such as bronze, brass & gold
- Can be completely colourless for a natural stainless steel appearance
- Can be re-coated once coated
- Anti-fingerprint coatings in gloss or satin
- Anti-microbial coating
- Antiqued finishes (available in USA only)
- Embossed finishes, coloured and uncoloured
All Coloured Stainless Steel PVD coatings are guaranteed for twelve years.